Message from the President
January 19, 2021
TOKYO SEIKO ROPE MFG.CO., LTD.
- Since our establishment in 1887 (Meiji 20), we have been supplying synthetic fiber ropes for over a century.
They are used in a wide variety of applications, including fishery equipment, ship moorings, and rescue operations. In recent years, we have developed high-performance ropes that provide our customers to realize lightweight and labor-saving for safety rope works.
We will continue to "challenge" with all employees so that we can provide more "trust" and "convenience" to our customers through rope manufacturing.
ISO CertificationsISO CERTIFICATION
We have obtained ISO certifications for our quality management system, environmental management system, and occupational health and safety management system.
Based on our founding principle of "co-existence and co-prosperity," we strive to always remain aware of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and continue to contribute to society by providing convenience to local communities and customers.
- Trade name
- Tokyo Seiko Rope Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Date established
- July 25, 1968
- Head office
- 1-1 Nakamura, Toyooka-cho, Gamagori City, Aichi Prefecture, 443-0011, Japan
Tel: (0533) 68-3151 (main) Fax: (0533) 68-0194
- Yoshinori Matsumoto, President
- Our areas of business
- Manufacturing, tailoring, and processing of ropes and nets made from fibers, synthetic resins and metal materials Designing and manufacturing of rope-making machines Manufacturing of synthetic fiber yarns
- Number of employees
- Affiliated company
- Tokyo Rope Co., Ltd.
Other group companies : Page of affiliated companies of Tokyo Rope Co., Ltd.
5-minute walk from JR Mikawa-Miya Station
1-1 Nakamura, Toyooka-cho, Gamagori City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
- (0533) 68-3151 (main)
- (0533) 68-0194
Tokyo Sales Office
7-minute walk from JR Yamanote Line Kanda Station North exit / west exit
6 minutes walk from Exit A6 of Ogawamachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Shinjuku Line
7 minutes walk from Exit B6 of Shin-Ochanomizu Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line
TCU Building 4F, 1-17-9 Uchi-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- (03) 5280-9320 (main)
- (03) 5280-9321
Osaka Sales Office
6-minute walk from Exit 7 of Hommachi Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji and Chuo Lines
5-minute walk from Exit 8 of Sakaisuji-Honmachi Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji and Chuo Lines
EDGE Hommachi 8F, 2-3-12 Minami-Hommachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
- (06) 6266-4777 (main)
- (06) 6266-4779
Sapporo Sales Office
10-minute walk from JR Sapporo Station
Kita 7-jo Nishi 5-chome 5-3, Kita-ku, Sapporo City (Sapporo Chiyoda Building)
- (011) 726-3180 (main)
- (011) 726-3215
Abashiri Branch Office
Kita 5-jo Nishi 8-chome 4-2, Abashiri City, Hokkaido-
- (0152) 61-1050
- (0152) 61-1055
- Tokyo Rope Mfg. Co., Ltd. established (capital: 70,000 yen). Begins manufacturing rope made of Manila hemp, as the first rope manufacturer in Japan.
- Begins manufacturing wire rope for the first time in Japan
- Opens a general fiber rope factory in Gamagori
- Begins manufacturing synthetic fiber rope, becoming the leading manufacturer in the industry
- Designs and builds an 8-strand rope braiding machine called the "TOSCO machine" and began manufacturing 8-strand ropes.
- The fiber rope department of Tokyo Rope Mfg. Co., Ltd. separated to establish Tokyo Seiko Rope Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Designs and builds a braiding machine and begins manufacturing Toughlay Rope
- Begins manufacturing Kevlar® rope for the first time in Japan (Tokyo Seiko Rope currently also manufactures Technora, Vectran, and Dyneema® ropes)
- Installs the industry's largest 5000 kN tensile testing machine for fiber rope
- Becomes the first in the industry to be approved for ISO-9001 certification
- Installs a braiding machine to begin the manufacture of Twell Rope (max. Φ180 mm)
- Obtains permission from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism to register as a construction company (specified construction company. Currently, the permission is granted by the Governor of Aichi Prefecture)
- New office completed
- Acquired ISO 14001 certification
- The stretching-style rope loom (the oldest rope-making machine in Japan) owned by Tokyo Seiko Rope is registered as an "Essential Historical Material for Science and Technology" by Japan's National Museum of Nature and Science
- Acquires ISO 45001 certification
Japan's oldest rope-making machine
(from left to right: fore turn, top cart, traveller)
Click to enlarge.
It was imported from the United Kingdom around 1887. The machine has been registered as an "Essential Historical Material for Science and Technology" (also known as the "Future Engineering Heritage") by Japan's National Museum of Nature and Science as an artifact that defined the foundation of the development of the rope-making industry in Japan.
- Registration number
- No. 00134
- Name (model, etc.)
- Stretching-Style Rope Loom
- Gamagori City, Aichi Prefecture Tokyo Seiko Rope Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Owner (Custodian)
- Tokyo Seiko Rope Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Manufacturer (Company)
- Frodingham Iron & Steel Co. Ltd. England
- Year Manufactured
- Year First Appeared